Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Run that by me again?

Registered for KOTR yesterday and the first question I asked was, “available na ba ang race kit?” (is the race kit available?). The guy behind the counter explained that it can be claimed during the Adidas Running Expo on October 17 or 18 at Megatrade Hall. Ok. Cool, a running expo – now, that’s new.

"Sample singlet lang po ang nasa amin” (we only have the sample singlets) Ok. Tried them on, nice fabric, bright yellow. Extra small size – check (wow, running is helping me shed off pounds). While he entertained the guy in front of me who also registered, I read through the registration details. It turned out that there is a particular time slot when you can claim your kits, 21k from 10am to 1pm, 10k from 1 to 4pm, and 5k from 4-7pm. Great. I have to go through the Megamall weekend traffic (both vehicular and pedestrian) and then I have to make sure I am there on my timeslot. I have to do this on the 17th since there’s another race the next day....oops, I haven't registered for that one yet. Crap. Imagine the longest claim area from the Hall down to EDSA come Oct 17. Now, that’s a box-office hit!

This is the first time I registered for KOTR. To be honest, I just want to have one of those singlets (loser! haha!) that they’re giving away and be part of this year’s Adidas run.



The reason I registered early is to avoid what happened last year – they ran out (pun intended) of race kits. It seems that I have to avoid registering in races – it’s getting a bit of a habit, right? Nah, taking on the road all by myself is half as much fun as joining the others on the asphalt. Takbo na!

No comments:

Post a Comment