Thursday, September 3, 2009

Thumbs U.P.!

It was just one of those days when I just want to run - without a care in the world. (I didn't even notice my time when I finished the race*) The UP grounds that morning provided a very laid back atmosphere. The breeze was just right, the trees were enough to set the mood, ample aid stations, marshalls were everywhere, no frills, new and challenging route, and just a good number of fellow runners and friends enjoying a great morning run and blending in with the usual Sunday bunch.

Botak did a good job. Need I say more?

after changing, took shot of some of the runners before the finish line...






and a few post photo ops...

with college classmate and Inquirer sports desk editor Romina Austria


with Ian Alacar and the rest of the pack

*Looks like I really had a swell time. Just saw my official time> 0:57 - better than my last 5 mile of 1:08. But my name got lost under the male list - didn't think I was as fast as my bros :)

6 comments:

  1. you're getting there Carrey! You'd be feeding us your dust in no time!! just keep on running.. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks ian!...hope that would be in the near future...haha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your finish, just keep on training and the great times will come in no time :)

    Cheers,
    Luis

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you luis. it's not easy but i'm trying real hard. thanks for dropping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Carrey! It's my first time here. Great blog. Congrats on your race! Looks like we have some common friends. Looking forward to meeting you in the future :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi jaymie! thanks for dropping by. likewise - hope to meet with you soon :)

    ReplyDelete