Saturday, October 10, 2009

Green Revenge

Everything I learned from Isko’s training program, I applied at today’s Milo race. And I’m so glad I did. After the gun-off at 6am, I told myself that I will maintain a 7min/km pace – in order for me to beat my former Milo 10km finish time last July.

As soon as I heard the ‘chip’ squeaked, I pressed start on my Timex watch and ran off. The first kilometer read 7:13 on my watch. Crap. 13 seconds too late. Bid Grace goodbye and went off. Propelled harder on the second kilometer and timed faster – 6:45. Yeah! I maintained the 7 min pace for the next 5 kilometers, all the while making math computations in my brain. As an English major, you must understand how difficult that is for me.

Unfortunately, I trickled off to an 8 min pace at km 8 and was already huffing. “Push! Wag mo pansinin sakit sa katawan. Sa finish line ka na mag-reklamo…konti na lang!” Sprinted off at the last 500 meters and finished at 1:16 on my watch. Sweet! Got my revenge against my last Milo 10km of 1:27! (And a 4 minute improvement against my last 10km) Yeah!


the coach after his 42km

No comments:

Post a Comment