Thursday, April 28, 2011

It's Hamster Time!

Weeks in the hospital kept me from the asphalt for a very long time - longer than my QCIM half mary, which was my worst time ever at 3:34. I knew I had to do something about the lull or my thighs and core area will grow celluloids and I will turn into a pear! The old man is now back at home and recuperating. It was a real miracle that Papa overcame the ICU episode and hopefully he will recover soon. I have been telling him to get back on his feet so he can run with me. I told him that he should be running with the other 70-year olds in the pack, he just gave me a thoughful look - he must be wondering what I'm talking about.

So, it's back to square one for me. It is always safe to take it slowly - just like anything else that you do on a first time. Although technically, this is not my first time to train. This week (April 25) is the first week back to training and Monday found me on the treadmill for 30 minutes. I must make sure the pounds whittle away before I can pound on the road again. On Tuesday evening, I did another 30 minutes plus 100 leg exercises and 2 push ups - yup, you read it right - two! Last night (Wednesday), I did another 30 minute treadmill workout.

Now, I'm wondering why my weight is at 140 this morning! Maybe it was the soda and halo-halo galore. Or the mini nestle coffee cups in the morning that I gulp down more than twice. Or the cheesesticks. Whatever it was, I am 15 pounds heavier now and I must do something about it! Some say the weighing scale is a good motivation to start trimming down and running is the best and cheapest way to do it. So tonight, I hit the oval again and ran off those kilos away, covering 12 rounds and a 400m walk. It's hamster time!...

No comments:

Post a Comment